Here is a common email I receive (composed from various ones):
I’m having a hard time finding volunteers who believe in the ministry of hospitality. They think everyone should be doing this automatically.
Our church doesn’t have enough people who are interested in being greeters. We can’t get any volunteers. .
We’ve not ever organized our hospitality ministry before, but want to so do now so that our church will grow.
How do I find volunteers for the hospitality ministry?
Any ideas? We are praying for God to touch people’s heart with the desire to serve.
If you are the leader of your church’s hospitality committee, this is a question on your mind.
You have come to the realization that your church needs to do a better job of greeting and welcoming first-time visitors.
In this 90-minute online teleclass, you’ll receive fresh inspiration for:
- Find volunteers and get them excited to serve passionately
- Train volunteers and get them equipped to serve well.
- Retain volunteers and keep them energized for awesome service
My desire is
- to impart fresh vision,
- to inspire some creative energy to address needs, and
- help you prepare your team for an outstanding welcome.
I cannot emphasize enough how grateful we are for your webinar today. The Spirit of the Lord was moving end we had an incredible response. . . . . After you closed we were overwhelmed by ideas and some leaders were moved to take the challenge. Pastor Paul brought it all to our church and how we are going to do the next step. — T Amorim, Ontario.
Who is this class for?
- The new leader of your church hospitality committee who may not be sure how or where to start.
- The leader that knows the problems with volunteer recruitment exists, but doesn’t know where to begin.
- Did you inherit a stale welcome ministry with volunteers stuck in their ways?
- Perhaps you’ve been appointed as the new director who oversees the hospitality ministry of your church.
- Or maybe your hospitality committee is not quite sure where to start?
- The frustrated leader who needs help calling people to excellence in welcome ministry.
Don’t struggle on your own
You don’t have to struggle alone. Make the investment in this webinar class, even if you
- Lack personal experience
- Feel uncomfortable
- Don’t know where to start
- Just getting started in hospitality ministry
- Feel like your hospitality and welcome ministry are stuck.
- Feel energized about future vision because you’ve come back from a conference
You don’t have to stay stuck. Together we can get you making progress towards helping your visitors feel good about their experience of your church.
Is this class right for you?
If you have a highly effective hospitality ministry, then this is not the right class.
If your welcome ministry is running at full steam and you feel like you’ve got a good grip on this ministry, then this is not the right class.
If you want some secret to hospitality ministry that you’ve never heard before, then this class isn’t likely good fit for you either.
This class is for you if:
- Want volunteers to own the vision of a great welcome
- Want volunteers to take ownership of first impressions.
- New to the role with ministry leaders on our hospitality team that have been serving as greeters and ushers longer than you’ve been alive
- There is no one in charge.
- Need help recruiting volunteers who want to help more than once or twice a year.
- Wish your volunteers would quit dropping out.
- Find ways to help newcomers connect and keep coming back.
- Want to create a place that from the first moment a person walks through the door, they feel like they are a part of family.
The cost is an investment in retaining new families in your church membership.
I’ve helped other hospitality ministry leaders breakthrough that log-jam of inaction and set them moving forward again. They felt like they were staring into the fog and not seeing much of anything clearly. The pastor and leadership committee needed someone outside of their situation to chase some clouds away.
You’ll get your creativity going as you think of ways to move forward with your hospitality ministry.
Here is what you can expect to learn:
- 12 Ways to find and recruit volunteers into all aspects of first impressions ministry
- Ways to train these volunteers to excel in the art of welcome
- 12 Ways to keep these volunteers motivated in their service
- Ways to help these volunteers “get it” above and beyond a chore.
How Does a Live Virtual Seminar work?
Here is how it works once we agree on a date.
- You have a meeting space equipped with a way to stream internet video.
- You promote it via email using some emails I give you.
- You’ll need a high-speed internet connection to see the webinar.
- Audio is either by phone or streamed via a speaker. Users can call in with questions.
Here is a typical agenda for your meeting:
- You gather people around light refreshments.
- You introduce the webinar.
- I present and do Q&A, with conversational breaks about every 15-20 minutes.
- When I’m done, you continue to do some localized training, and maybe fine-tuning.
What you get:
- Four emails to help promote your webinar with related topics from my website.
- MP3 audio when it’s over for your distribution.
- MP4 video for you to download and save.
- Related slides with permission to use them in your congregation.
- Registrants will receive ongoing announcements about free training and conferences.
- 90-minute webinar.
Private webinars are planned for a two-hour window. Expect 90 minutes of interactive content, plus Q&A.
On behalf of Bethel World Outreach and especially the Global Evangelism Ministry, I want to say thank you and God bless you. The program was inspiring, very rich and practical. Thank you so much for allowing God to move so powerfully through you. I know that change has come, and most members will rise up to evangelize and disciple souls for Kingdom growth and for God’s glory. – P. Noudem.
- Where: Online Classroom, accessed via a unique link you’ll receive and can share.
- When: This is for your church team only. We’ll set a date that works for you and me. Plan for 90 minutes to 2 hours.
- Availability: When it fits on our calendar.
- This session for your church has a one time registration fee of $197 USD per church.
Q. If I gather people for a webinar for my church, how do I set up the display and sound on my end?
You will need:
- a high-speed internet connection,
- a computer hookup to the internet, and
- the ability to broadcast sound and video imagery.
The following are also helpful
- For a Q&A session, you will need to have a microphone set up so that I can hear the question.
- Some churches have figured out how to rig up a video camera to their computer so that I can see you too.
The actual mechanics of that are your responsibility.
I have worked with a church’s sound/video person to do some test runs of the sound a day or two before.
Q. Do I pay before or after?
I ask for payment to be made before the registration process starts to confirm the date on my calendar.
Q. What happens if the event is canceled or you can’t make it?
If the event is canceled or some illness prevents me from participating, you’ll receive a full refund if we can’t reschedule.
Q. How is the quality of the sound?
The quality of sound is dependent on several factors outside of my control. Generally, the sound is not an issue, but failures have occurred. I work via cellphone with your technical person to get service restored, typically within a few minutes.
Q. Does our church have to be in the United States?
No. Your church can be located anywhere in the world. The requirement is a high-speed internet connection.
Q. Can you do this workshop in Spanish?
Yes. I speak a functional level of Spanish. I regularly teach and preach in Latin America. Though I still commit errors of grammar, I can teach in Spanish with occasional help and correction.